1. What is a VolCard Account and where would I use it?
2. How do I make deposits to my VolCard Account?
3. I have excess financial aid that I want put in my VolCard Account. When will it be deposited in my account?
4. What happens to my VolCard money at the end of the semester?
5. I’m leaving the University. Can I get my VolCard money back?
6. I’ve lost my VolCard ID and I don’t have any cash. Can I pay for my lost card with my VolCard Account money?
7. Can I pay for my Cable bill with my VolCard Account?
1) What is a VolCard Account and where would I use it?
A VolCard Account is a debit account only to be used on campus. It can be used in Dining Services, campus vending machines, VolShop and VolTech, VolPrint, and laundry facilities located in the University Housing buildings. You must have a VolCard Account to use the laundry facilities in University Housing buildings. You can purchase a parking hang-tag for commuter and non-commuter parking lots, as well as, pay parking fines. With a VolCard Account, you can use your VolCard ID to attend movies at the UC, make purchases at the Sweet Shop, and for Service Station privileges.
2) How do I make deposits to my VolCard Account?
There are six ways to make deposits to your VolCard Account. 1) You may come to the VolCard Office where your deposit can be made by cash, check, or credit card. 2) On-line by clicking here. 3) You may also make cash deposits in Debit Access Retail Terminal (DART) machines located around campus. DART locations are: Andy Holt Apartments, Gibbs Hall, Ag Library, Hodges Library, and VolCard Office. 4) By mail. 5) In person. 6) Transferring excess financial aid via MyUTK.
3) I have excess financial aid that I want put in my VolCard Account. When will it be deposited in my account?
You may transfer excess financial aid (maximum of $1,000.00) to your VolCard Account by designating an amount on MyUTK.
4) What happens to my VolCard Account money at the end of the semester?
Your VolCard Account money will transfer from semester to semester as long as you are in school. When leaving the university you should apply for a refund for any monies remaining in your account.
5) I’m leaving the University. Can I get my VolCard Account money back?
Yes, simply notify the VolCard Office to request a refund. Be aware that there may be a $15.00 service charge to withdraw money from your VolCard Account. If you have an outstanding debt with the University, this refund may be applied to the debt first with any remaining money being mailed to you in the form of a check.
6) I’ve lost my VolCard ID and I don’t have any cash. Can I pay for my lost card with my VolCard Account money?
Yes. VolCard Account money can be used to pay for a lost card.
7) Can I pay for my Cable bill with my VolCard Account?
No. The cable provider at this time does not accept VolCard as a form of payment.